After I downloaded Microchip's Libraries of Application
and succesfully compiled one of the USB examples, I ran into a problem:
- my custom USB-device was running smoothly when connected to a Windows 7/XP 32-bits version
- but as soon as I tried to connect it to a system that runs Windows 7 64-bits, it was not recognized by the OS and showed an error.
Digging around the internet did not solve my problem, but it did give me the right hints to find the solution and it's actually quite simple. See the steps shown below.
The following screen will appear (probably not in dutch), but the mouse clicks will be the same anyway.
Choose the option "select manually...". This is not the default option.
Select "all devices". This is the default.
Finally: it runs against the 64-bit Windows 7...